Management of your components during the manufacturing and the refurbishment is critical (see Combined Cycle Journal "Six Steps to successful refurbishment of your IGT components") TEServices can perform this for you and your company when you do not have the resources (expertise or time) available. Furthermore, TEServices has the (superalloy) metallurgical expertise in-house to extend this support with failure analysis, including root cause investigation, component assessment before and after refurbishment, and process qualification (stripping, coating, heat treatment, welding, brazing, etc.).
- Inspecting the parts prior to cleaning at customer or vendor location
- Creating bids/ repair specifications or using TEServices bid/ repair specifications
- Performing reviews of the parts after incoming inspection is completed at the repair shop, reviewing the vendor incoming inspection report and proposing repair scope to ensure that the specifications and expectations of the customer can be met on time
- Reviewing and approving 1st article repair and coating qualifications
- Providing key interim inspections such as pre-coat to ensure quality work according to the bid repair and coating procedure, and checking on work progress for scheduled completion
- Verifying final inspections before boxing and shipping of the components
- Providing written reviews of the incoming, interim, and final inspection verifications
Assessment: TEServices can assess the condition of your (or to be purchased new and used) components at your plant site, vendor facility, or at TEServices' facility. In many cases, a repair is not warranted, if the part can run another cycle as is or needs to be scrapped. This assessment can save repair and coating costs.