7F Users Group Dives Deeper into Engine Issues- CCJ 2016
The 7F Users Group steering committee has realigned the program for its annual meeting to focus exclusively on the world?s most popular frame gas turbine. For several years prior to the 2016 conference at Orlando?s Rosen Shingle Creek hotel, May 9-13, the agenda had expanded to include robust sessions on heat-recovery steam generators (HRSGs), steam turbines, and generators.
TEServices? Hans van Esch and Shaheen Hayatghaibi?divided their four-hour program into two parts: The first concentrated on inspection and repair of hot-section components; the second on rotor inspection, a hot topic today given the rapidly accumulating starts and operating hours of 7F engines.
Hayatghaibi and van Esch also discussed TEServices? recommended approach to component life extension. Access the details (?Extending 7FA parts life beyond the OEM recommendation?) in the CTOTF Presentations Library by scrolling back to material from the fall 2013 meeting.
- TEServices? 7FA bid/repair specs and how to use these without removing the repair facility?s responsibility/warranty.
- Evaluation of quality programs at OEM repair shops, as well as those in place at third-party shops.
- How to extend inspection intervals and component lifetimes.
- Limitations of braze repairs.
- Bucket cutter-teeth configurations, benefits of aluminum oxide coating, and pre-grooving of shroud honeycomb